Website Palacios Law Group
1. Palacios Law Group is seeking an Associate fluent in Spanish with 1-3 years of experience. The firm is willing to train an attorney duly admitted to practice in New York as the position will have an emphasis in immigration law. The firm has three locations on Long Island, NY. Responsibilities will include:
- Meeting with clients to prepare for upcoming hearings,
- Drafting and preparing applications and affidavits for filing with Federal Government,
- Attending court hearings in New York Immigration Courts,
- Drafting and preparing various motions to be filed with the court and
- Visiting clients in detention
The position requires strong writing and research skills as well as an ability to work well in a team setting.
*Salary is negotiable and includes benefits.
2. Palacios Law Group is seeking a Paralegal to work from its Huntington location for a full time position. The ideal candidate must be fluent in English/Spanish. Responsibilities include:
- Act as liaison between all parties including court for scheduling and information sharing,
- Draft, review, and conduct legal research for immigration cases,
- Update calendars and schedule meetings,
- Translate documents from English to Spanish and Spanish to English
- Responsible and timely completion of tasks
- Demonstrate professionalism and customer service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
*Salary is commensurate with experience, firm is willing to train
3. Palacios Law Group is seeking a Personal Injury Litigation Paralegal to work from its Bay Shore location for a full time position.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Capable of providing high level client services and screening
- Experience in the no-fault process
- Communicate with the court for scheduling and calendar all court matters
- Candidate should be experienced in preparing Summons and Complaints, and Bills of Particular
- Must be able to provide detailed medical analysis: paralegal must be familiar with medical terminology and know how to prepare medical chronologies, medical expense itemizations, deposition summaries, and demand packages.
- Candidate must be able to prepare and deliver settlement packages for review to senior attorney
- Candidate should be able to draft discovery responses and assist in other high level PI demands
- Candidate must be well-versed in witness and trial preparation
*Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience
To apply for this job please visit palacioslawgroup.com.